ABOUT THE FIRST NATIONS CLASSICS SERIES
The first instalment of the series features eight award-winning titles dating back to 1988 by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander writers, with new introductions from contemporary authors:
- Blood by Tony Birch, with an introduction by Larissa Behrendt
- Holocaust Island by Graeme Dixon, with an introduction by Ali Cobby Eckermann
- Follow the Rabbit-Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington, with an introduction by Tara June Winch
- Don't Take Your Love to Town by Ruby Langford Ginibi, with an introduction by Nardi Simpson
- Purple Threads by Jeanine Leane, with an introduction by Evelyn Araluen
- Heat and Light by Ellen van Neerven, with an introduction by Alison Whittaker
- The Window Seat by Archie Weller, with an introduction by Ernie Dingo
- Unbranded by Herb Wharton, with an introduction by Kev Carmody
The First Nations Classics series ranges across genres, including memoir, novels, short stories and poetry. It also showcases a number of Unaipon Award winners, including the inaugural winner from 1988, Graeme Dixon's poetry collection Holocaust Island, which has been out of print.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review