All teachers who would like to be part of the free panel discussion and Q&A, please book your places indicating how many students you expect to be watching.
'This film is my witness statement and my vision of the future.'
The documentary, A Life on Our Planet, offers viewers an incredible insight into the life's work of Sir David Attenborough, as he recounts his experiences and observations of the deterioration of the natural world over his 93 years on this planet. His reflections about the state of the world are powerfully communicated and his vision for the future is compelling.
- Media Studies
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Film, Television and New Media
Panel Discussion and Q&A:
Join ATOM for a live panel discussion about A Life on Our Planet, and how the natural world around has us changed in the last century.
Hear from key voices in this space on:
- Human environmental impact
- The collapse of complex ecosystems
- Projections for the future
- Conservation on an intergenerational level
- What role can we play, what impact can we have?
- Sir David Attenborough's life's work
Why educators and students should attend the virtual event:
- To develop knowledge and understanding of how human activity affects the the natural environment
- To understand the role future generations play in conservation
- To gain insight into the world of environmental activism, politics, and journalism
- To play your part in working towards a solution
- To take the opportunity to ask the questions you might have regarding the documentary or it's themes.
At the end of the discussion there will be 10–15 minutes in which students will be able to ask the panellists questions.
The panel discussion and Q&A will be held during school hours in late February 2021 (date TBC). You will be notified either later this year or in January of the date and time. You will receive a Zoom invitation to join the discussion one day beforehand.
Don't forget to purchase the Teacher Resource Pack, which includes:
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Teacher Guide PDF
- Student Booklet Word DOCX
- Student Booklet PDF
You can make these documents available to all staff and students through your learning management system or school intranet.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review