The documentary David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet, offers viewers an incredible insight into the life's work of Sir David Attenborough, as he recounts his experiences and observations of the deterioration of the natural world over his 93 years on this planet. His reflections about the state of the world are powerfully communicated and his vision for the future is compelling.
The film runs for 83 minutes and is classified PG. Please check your country's classification for this film prior to use with students.
This comprehensive Teacher Pack equips educators with all that's needed to deliver high-quality learning experiences which unpack the key messages of this important documentary film.
Contents (4 digital/editable/printable files ready for immediate download and use):
- Teacher Guide (16-page PDF)
- Unit overview
- Inquiry Questions
- Suggested Lesson Outline
- Teacher Answer Guide to Student Booklet
- Assessment Tasks/Extension Activities information (including Focus Assessment Task – Film Festival Group Project)
- Additional resources/links
- Student Booklet (14-page PDF/DOCX formats)
- Pre-viewing activities
- Post-viewing activities
- Focus Assessment Task – Film Festival Group Project (including planner)
- Other Assessment Tasks/Extension Activities (including Earthshot Prize task)
- Additional resources
- Teaching PowerPoint (20-slide PPTX)
- What is a documentary?
- Pre-viewing, Viewing and Post-viewing resources (including links)
- Assessment Options
Unit duration: 12+ lessons (including Film Festival Group Project)
The Teacher Pack can be linked to the following areas within the Australian Curriculum:
- Media Studies
In addition, the Teacher Pack relates directly to the following General Capabilities within the Australian Curriculum:
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
The Teacher Pack is also suggested for use as a supplementary text for the following senior (Years 11–12) subject areas:
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Film, Television and New Media
- Digital/editable/printable files delivered in a single zip file (2 x PDFs, 1 x DOCX, 1 x PPTX)
- Professionally designed by an experienced educator
- Highly visual and engaging
- Suited to all learners
- Crisp, clean layouts
- A range of whole class, group work and individual learning resources
This comprehensive pack has been designed for educators to use with the 2020 Netflix documentary David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet, directed by Alastair Fothergill, Jonnie Hughes and Keith Scholey. Access to view the film itself requires a Netflix subscription. This is not included in the Teacher Pack.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review