Lebanese beauty queens goes behind the scenes of Australia's most controversial beauty pageant. For 16 years, the pageant has attracted the who's of who's of Sydney's Lebanese community, as the daughters of proud families compete to be crowned miss Lebanon Australia.
The curriculum areas within that Australian National Curriculum that ‘Lebanese Beauty Queens’ can be related to include:
‘Lebanese Beauty Queens’ can be linked to the following subject areas within the Australian National Curriculum:
- Year 9 – 10 English
- Year 10 History
- Year 7 – 10 Media Arts
Relevant Content Descriptions for Year 9 and 10 English
- Explore and reflect on personal understanding of the world and significant human experience gained from interpreting various representations of life matters in texts (ACELT1635)
- Compare and evaluate a range of representations of individuals and groups in different historical, social and cultural contexts (ACELT1639)
- Evaluate the social, moral and ethical positions represented in texts (ACELT1812)
Relevant Content Descriptions for Year 10 History
- Depth Study 3: The Globalising World Migration Experiences 1945 – present: The contribution of migration to Australia’s changing identity as a nation.
Relevant Content Descriptions for Year 7 and 8 Media Arts
- Analyse how technical and symbolic elements are used in media artworks to create representations influenced by story, genre, values and points of view of particular audiences (ACAMAR071)
Relevant Content Descriptions for Year 9 and 10 Media Arts
- Evaluate how technical and symbolic elements are manipulated in media artworks to create and challenge representations framed by media conventions, social beliefs and values for a range of audiences (ACAMAR078)
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review