PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE SHIPPED WITHIN AUSTRALIA. ANY ORDERS WITH A SHIPPING ADDRESS OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA WILL BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED.
Jill Bilcock: Dancing the Invisible focuses on the life and work of one of the world's leading film artists, Academy award nominated film editor Jill Bilcock. Iconic Australian films Strictly Ballroom, Muriel's Wedding, Moulin Rouge!, Red Dog, andThe Dressmaker bear the unmistakable look and sensibility of Bilcock's visual inventiveness. But it was her brave editing choices in Romeo + Juliet that changed the look of cinema the world over. With a back-story as colourful and surprising as her films, and featuring commentary from Cate Blanchett, Baz Luhrmann, Shekhar Kapur and Fred Schepisi, this documentary is a wonderful insight into the art of editing and the profound impact it has on storytelling.
Jill Bilcock: Dancing the Invisible is relevant to the following curriculum:
- VCE Media, especially Units 1, 2 and 3 in Victoria
- Years 11 and 12 Media Arts and Film, Television and New Media in Queensland
- Years 11 and 12 Media Production and Analysis in Western Australia
- Media Arts in the Australian Curriculum- Years 9 and 10 Content
- English-Year 10 Language and Literacy
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program – Film – Textual Analysis, Film Theory and History.
Running time: 77 minutes
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review