In the twenty-first century, students are much more reliant on reading and viewing as a dynamic relational experience merging text and image (static and moving). The internet, mobile communication devices, electronic games and broadcast media bombard us every day with texts and images, communicating with us and persuading us with new and creative languages and literacies.
This comprehension resource adopts a learning model based on:
- developing knowledge of reading and viewing genres;
- utilising the readers' prior knowledge;
- discovering and exploring information about both text and image;
- using context to assist recognition of words, images, symbols and meaning.
The resource uses collaborative and fun approaches incorporating discussion, inferring, questioning, analysing and evaluating, creating, and synthesising information.
The Reading and Viewing for Comprehension DVD-ROM incorporates:
- Over 130 teaching strategies and student activities aligned to thirteen video clips;
- Teaching and learning strategies for engaging Years 3, 5, 7, and 9;
- References the Australian Curriculum for English;
- Links to useful digital resources located websites for the Departments of Education and Study authorities in each state and territory.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review