The My Place Teachers' Guide (DVD-ROM) supports primary and lower secondary teachers using the My Place Series 1 and 2 in the classroom. It includes:
- Two timelines that highlight significant events and people across twenty-six decades (1770s–2000s and Before Time) of Australian history and politics, society and culture, science and technology that underpin the stories of the children in each episode.
- Information on each of the episodes from both Series 1 and 2, with downloadable post-production scripts.
- Over 450 teaching activities and seventy-eight clips for Years 3–6 and beyond. All activities have rich curriculum content that directly supports the Australian Curriculum areas of History, English, Geography and The Arts (Media Literacy).
- 'The Making of My Place' including interviews with author Nadia Wheatley, illustrator Donna Rawlins and TV series producer Penny Chapman, production materials, cast and crew lists, press kit and the My Place websites.
- Photo galleries with over 250 production stills from the episodes and behind the scenes.
The My Place Teachers' Guide features materials found on the My Place website, with additional materials to support the teaching of Media Literacy and Geography.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review