Breathe new life into teaching Shakespeare's classic, Romeo and Juliet (and save countless hours of precious preparation time in the process), with this innovative and engaging pack of resources.
The best part is these resources are ready for immediate download and use.
The pack includes:
- Teacher/Student Resources (22 JPG/PDF/DOCX files)
- Act-by-act summary – cloze activity (including teacher answer guide)
- Theme- and character-based worksheets
- Essential quotations by theme discussion starters
- Quote analysis organisers
- Practice essay checklist (use for individual or peer-editing)
- Bonus: complete sample essay response (to support Teaching PowerPoint 2)
- Teaching PowerPoint 1 (16-slide PPTX) – Romeo and Juliet: The Prologue and the Shakespearean Sonnet
- Focus on the prologue of the play
- Features of a Shakespearean sonnet
- Eight-step approach to analysis of Shakespeare's work
- Detailed analysis activities focusing on this soliloquy (matching devices, concept identification, evidence identification, sample essay question, practice body paragraph activity and whole essay extension activity)
- Teaching PowerPoint 2 (14-slide PPTX) – Romeo and Juliet: Approaching the essay question 'How does Shakespeare invite readers of the play to understand that loyalty can be dangerous?'
- Question types
- Key words/phrases
- Thesis writing
- Key essay points – including sample points
- Suggested approach to body paragraph writing – include complete sample body paragraph
- Electronic/printable PDF/JPG/DOCX/PPTX files
- Professionally designed
- Highly visual and engaging
- Suited to all learners
- Crisp, clean layouts
- For whole class, group work and individual learning
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review