'For anyone who is struggling with a conflict, Eileen's book can help you overcome whatever obstacles are holding you back from living the life you truly want. Highly recommended.'
– Hal Elrod, #1 bestselling author, The Miracle Morning
'Shows how to successfully thrive in the face of complicated life situations.'
– Marshall Goldsmith, New York Times #1 bestselling author of Triggers
No one searches for adversity. Bad things happen. Yet how many of us will know what to do to prevent our lives from spiraling out of control when we encounter traumatic events that threaten our safety, careers, emotions, health, or relationships?
In this pragmatic and inspirational book, experienced US-based life coach and former psychotherapist Eileen Lenson shows us tools to turn suffering into hope and develop resilience by combining scientific research with an understanding of our emotional and spiritual lives. She cuts through existing myths and provides readers with a look into what it takes to not just overcome adversity and survive, but to thrive.
Written to help anyone who finds themselves in a painful place, regardless of social background, culture, religion or education, each chapter describes from a scientific, psychological and spiritual perspective, why we do the things we do. Armed with this knowledge we can learn to manage our feelings and respond to devastating events with the skills to seek healthy coping options and change our lives for the better.
In this book you'll learn how to:
- Use five core factors of your life – forgiveness, courage, perspective, perseverance, and hope – to reduce emotional suffering
- Identify and replace unproductive coping skills with healthy thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Master new skills through practice exercises
- Benefit from the stories of others, just like you, who have faced and overcome adversity
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review