English Year 11: VCE Units 1 & 2 is a comprehensive textbook for the revised Study Design for VCE English, to be implemented at Year 11 in 2023. It includes detailed guidelines for each Area of Study, including strategies for analysis, practical approaches to developing written pieces, and sample responses.
There is an extensive section on the new Area of Study, Crafting texts, showing students how to develop ideas, draw on techniques used in mentor texts and create polished pieces of writing. The book's practical approach is emphasised by the use of mind maps, flow charts, step-by-step processes and numerous activities.
The book features:
- Clear definitions and explanations for all key knowledge and vocabulary
- Activities that put knowledge into practice and build skills at every stage
- Sentence starters, model paragraphs and word banks to help students develop stronger written pieces
- Guidelines for writing personal and analytical responses to texts for Area of Study 1: Reading and exploring texts
- A variety of text excerpts to demonstrate the structures, language features and conventions of text types used in Area of Study 2: Crafting texts
- Strategies and activities to explore ideas and develop written pieces for five key ideas, including suggested mentor texts and annotated excerpts
- A range of media texts covering recent issues for Area of Study 2: Exploring argument
- Sample responses for all assessment tasks
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review