The Zach’s Ceremony Education toolkit has been created by the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA) and the Zach’s Ceremony team through a co-design process involving students, teachers and a range of community stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. Reconciliation Australia’s Narragunnawali team were also consulted on the content of the toolkit.
Zach’s Ceremony Education toolkit provides a unique opportunity for students by enabling them to:
- Participate in an immersive learning experience, that extends beyond the classroom
- View culture as a source of strength that supports individual and collective health and wellbeing
Build skills that make them enterprising, including:
- Creativity and innovation
- Confidence and agency
- Global citizenship and cultural intelligence
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication and teamwork
We hope that the film and the Education Toolkit provides students with the knowledge and agency to become stewards of change in emerging generations. Generations that have a comprehensive understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, celebrate the richness of all living cultures and are better able to navigate an increasingly complex world.
USING THE TOOLKIT
The toolkit has been designed to provide a high level of flexibility so that you can tailor the program to fit your school context and time requirements.
It has all the information and resources needed to ensure educators are equipped to show the film and facilitate meaningful conversations and activities. There are four learning modules all presented in the same way, starting with the learning overview followed by the resources overview. An overview of the Learning Model is provided at the start of Section 2 to guide you.
The toolkit is mapped to the Australian curriculum (years 8-10) to ensure that the activities support classroom learning.
- Cross-curriculum priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Humanities and Social Science
- Civics and Citizenship
- Health and Wellbeing
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review