There are some films which everyone should see. In particular, there are some films which every school student should see. The Social Dilemma is one of those films. It explores the dangerous human impacts of social networking and how our attention is gained, maintained and used by these platforms. This comprehensive Teacher Pack – The Social Dilemma, equips teachers with all that's needed to deliver high-quality learning experiences which unpack the key messages of this powerful documentary-drama hybrid film.
The film is classified PG13+ (Years 7–12). Please check your country's classification for this film prior to use with students.
Contents: 4 digital/editable/printable files ready for immediate download and use
1. Teacher Guide (14-page PDF)
- An overview
- Suggested Lesson Outline
- Teacher Answer Guide to Student Booklet
- Inquiry learning – focus questions
- Assignment/Extension activities
- Further resources/reading links
2. Student Booklet (10-page PDF/DOCX)
- Pre-viewing activities
- During viewing activities
- Post-viewing activities
- Further action
3. The Social Dilemma Teaching PowerPoint (21-slide PPTX)
- What is a documentary?
- Pre-viewing, During-viewing and Post-viewing resources (including links)
- Going beyond the documentary activities (including links)
Unit duration: 6–8+ lessons
The Teacher Pack can be linked to the following areas with the Australian National Curriculum:
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Humanities and Social Sciences
In addition, the Teacher Pack relates directly to the following General Capabilities within the Australian National Curriculum:
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Information and Communication Technology
The Teacher Pack is also suggested for use as a supplementary text for the following senior (Years 11–12) subject areas:
- Film, Television and New Media
Please note: This comprehensive pack has been designed for teachers to use with the 2020 Netflix documentary-drama hybrid, The Social Dilemma, directed by Jeff Orlowski. Access to view the film itself requires a Netflix account. This is not included in the resource pack.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review