Complete teaching unit for The Social Dilemma (documentary film – Jeff Orlowski).
'Everything you are doing online is being tracked, watched, every single action you take is monitored thoroughly.' (The Social Dilemma)
- $39 for an individual license (use is strictly limited to the individual purchaser – i.e one teacher/one class)
- $179 for a whole school license (life-time - unlimited use allowed for all teachers/all classes at purchasing school)
There are some films which everyone should see. In particular, there are some films which every school student should see. The Social Dilemma is one of those films. It explores the dangerous human impacts of social networking and how our attention is gained, maintained and used by these platforms. This comprehensive Teacher Pack – The Social Dilemma, equips teachers with all that’s needed to deliver high-quality learning experiences which unpack the key messages of this powerful documentary-drama hybrid film.
Contents: 4 digital/editable/printable files ready for immediate download and use:
1. Teacher Guide – (14 page .pdf)
- An overview
- Suggested Lesson Outline
- Teacher Answer Guide to Student Booklet
- Inquiry learning – focus questions
- Assignment/Extension activities
- Further resources/reading links
2. Student Booklet (10 pages - .pdf and .doc formats)
- Pre-viewing activities
- During viewing activities
- Post-viewing activities
- Further action
3. The Social Dilemma Teaching PowerPoint – (21 slide .pptx)
- What is a documentary?
- Pre-viewing, During-viewing and Post-viewing resources (including links)
- Going beyond the documentary activities (including links)
- Unit duration: 6-8+ lessons
The Teacher Pack can be linked to the following areas with the Australian National Curriculum:
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Humanities and Social Sciences
In addition, the Teacher Pack relates directly to the following General Capabilities within the Australian National Curriculum:
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Information and Communication Technology
The Teacher Pack is also suggested for use as a supplementary text for the following senior (Years 11-12) subject areas:
- Film, Television and New Media
Film rating: PG13+ (Years 7-12)
Please note: This comprehensive pack has been designed for teachers to use with the 2020 Netflix documentary-drama hybrid, The Social Dilemma, directed by Jeff Orlowski. Access to view the film itself requires a Netflix account. This is not included in the resource pack.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review