Please note: This title is available for pre-order. Expected release date in January 2022
Insight Text Guides take students into the deeper layers of meaning in a range of popular novels, plays, films, short-story collections and nonfiction texts. They are designed to develop detailed knowledge, in-depth understanding and genuine insight into each text.
The guides are written by practising English teachers, professional writers, reviewers and academics who are experts in their fields. Each guide presents a clear, comprehensive and accessible analysis.
There are over 150 titles in the Insight Text Guides series and new titles are published every year.
Each title features:
- An overview of the text for quick reference, including author's life and work, a plot synopsis, a character map and a brief character summary
- Discussion on the historical, cultural and social contexts relevant to the text
- Close analysis of chapters/scene/story, with chapter questions
- Detailed analysis of characters, themes and ideas
- Discussion of different responses to and interpretations of the text
- Guidelines on successful essay writing
- Essay topics, a sample of analysis of a topic and a sample on the text.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review