NB: Orders that include this product may take up to one month to ship, based on availability.
Packed with examples from classic and contemporary films, this second edition of The Fundamentals of Animation presents each stage of the animation production process in an engaging visual style, whilst providing an historical and critical context for four core disciplines: drawn/cel, 2D/3D stop-motion, computer-generated and experimental animation.
With insightful commentary from leading animators, Wells and Moore also introduce you to the many different career paths open to aspiring animators, from storyboard artist or character designer to VFX artist or writer and director. They also provide you with key tips on producing engaging portfolios and show reels.
- Illustrated with over 300 images, including preliminary sketches, frame-by-frame analyses and shots of animators at work
- Now explores the animated documentary genre and the role of visual effects and gaming in contemporary animation.
- Features more than twenty interviews with a range of international practitioners, including Pete Docter, director of Monsters, Inc. (2001), Up (2009) and Inside Out (2015).
- Sarah Cox, ArthurCox
- Lluis Danti, Media Molecule
- Pete Docter, Pixar
- Paul Driessen
- Eric Fogel
- Cathal Gaffney, Brown Bag Films
- Adam Goddard
- Philip Hunt, STUDIO AKA
- The Brothers McLeod
- Bill Plympton
- Ellen Poon, Industrial Light and Magic
- Barry Purves
- Joanna Quinn
- Chris Randall, Second Home Studios
- Maureen Selwood
- Koji Yamamura
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review