Start Making Movies is a step-by-step introduction to filmmaking, written in clear and accessible language by experienced film educator Tom Barrance. It's highly visual, with hundreds of illustrations: photos, screenshots, film stills and diagrams. This downloadable resource also includes links to online videos.
- The filmmaking process
- What you need: cameras and phones, accessories, editing programs and apps
- The basics of film storytelling
- The picture: shot size, composition and background, lens and focus, eyeline, light and colour, screen direction, camera movement
- Filming a shot: camera settings, what to check, filming as a team
- Sound: types of film sound, recording live sound, combining sound and image, copyright
- Sequence: the basics of using shots together, getting the shots you need, using the continuity system, montage
- Time: types of film time, parallel editing, time shifts, time effects
- Six key sequences: piece to camera, interview, demonstration, dialogue scene, performance or event
- Editing and sharing: the editing workflow, transitions, effects and titles, compositing, planning the soundtrack and editing audio, completing your movie
- Extras: ideas for fiction movies, downloadable templates, glossary, index
Format: PDF, 163 pages
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review