PLEASE NOTE: If paying via purchase order, your 3-day rental period will begin when we approve your order. (Approvals are usually processed regularly during trading hours, but please allow up to two business days.) If paying up-front via credit card or PayPal, you will have access to stream the file in a matter of minutes, and your 3-day rental period will begin straight away.
You will receive an email (separate to your tax invoice) with a link to watch these videos once your payment is received (or when we approve your purchase order).
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS.
ABOUT THE CCP:
The Cultural Competence Program (CCP) is a range of online multi-media training courses and resources designed to help organisations maximise the benefits of cultural competence, diversity and inclusion. The CCP was developed by SBS, Multicultural NSW, and International Education Services – leading organisations in addressing the needs of multicultural Australia. It was developed to:
- Help organisations manage an increasingly diverse workforce
- Better service diverse communities within Australia by providing relevant training and information to service-based organisations
- Create competitive advantage for organisations operating in increasingly diverse marketplaces both locally and globally
- Promote social cohesion through fostering a better understanding of diverse cultures
MODULE 8: AUSTRALIA BY THE NUMBERS:
Upon completion of the module Australia by the Numbers, you will be able to:
- Employ demographic statistics related to overall population, migration, religion and Indigenous Australians
- Understand historical and current migration trends and the impact on Australian population
- Understand historical and current population trends for Indigenous Australians
- Understand historical and current migration trends in relation to Australian religious diversity
- Gain an insight into the changing values of Australia
Note on video interviews:
All participants in the interviews tell real stories around their own experiences. Part of their story is which culture they identify with, and we asked each participant how they wanted to be represented. Some chose to be represented as just Australian, some chose to be a combination of Australian and some other cultures, and yet others chose their culture of origin. We respected their choices.
- Australia by the Numbers – Facts and figures about Australia's total population, and the countries from where they originate.
- Indigenous Population – A look at the how Australia's Indigenous population has changed since European settlement in 1788.
- Religious Diversity – This video explores the changing religious and spiritual landscape of Australia.
- Who Do We Think We Are? – A summary of the SBS commissioned large-scale qualitative and quantitative research from 2013, looking at Australia's changing values.
- Putting 'Us' Into Australia – A summary of the SBS commissioned large-scale qualitative and quantitative research from 2015, looking at Australia's national identity and migrant attitudes.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review