PLEASE NOTE: If paying via purchase order, your 3-day rental period will begin when we approve your order. (Approvals are usually processed regularly during trading hours, but please allow up to two business days.) If paying up-front via credit card or PayPal, you will have access to stream the file in a matter of minutes, and your 3-day rental period will begin straight away.
You will receive an email (separate to your tax invoice) with a link to watch these videos once your payment is received (or when we approve your purchase order).
ABOUT THE CCP:
The Cultural Competence Program (CCP) is a range of online multi-media training courses and resources designed to help organisations maximise the benefits of cultural competence, diversity and inclusion. The CCP was developed by SBS, Multicultural NSW, and International Education Services – leading organisations in addressing the needs of multicultural Australia. It was developed to:
- Help organisations manage an increasingly diverse workforce
- Better service diverse communities within Australia by providing relevant training and information to service-based organisations
- Create competitive advantage for organisations operating in increasingly diverse marketplaces both locally and globally
- Promote social cohesion through fostering a better understanding of diverse cultures
MODULE 4: UNCONSCIOUS BIAS:
Upon completion of the module Unconscious Bias, you will be able to:
- Recognise and describe different types of biases
- Recognise and give examples of workplace practices affected negatively by unconscious bias
- Explore how decision-making is affected by unconscious biases, in and outside of the workplace
- Recognise that you have unconscious bias and it affects your decision making
- Recognise the distinction between stereotypes and generalisations
Note on video interviews:
All participants in the interviews tell real stories around their own experiences. Part of their story is which culture they identify with, and we asked each participant how they wanted to be represented. Some chose to be represented as just Australian, some chose to be a combination of Australian and some other cultures, and yet others chose their culture of origin. We respected their choices.
- Unconscious Bias – What are unconscious biases, why do they exist, and how can they affect decision-making. This video also looks at tests to measure a person's associations (which may be influenced by unconscious bias).
- Recruitment Bias – A look at how unconscious bias can influence the different stages of the recruitment process. The results of some statistical studies are used to highlight real-world examples.
- Bias and Inclusion – This video explains why unconscious bias is the enemy of diversity and inclusion, with a focus on how it can affect the culture and performance of an organisation or industry.
- Groupthink – An explanation of an extreme phenomenon that can reduce the diversity of thought within a group of people.
- Managing Unconscious Bias – Six steps that you can take to reduce the impact of unconscious bias. This video also includes an explanation of the different types of 'micro-messaging'.
- Stereotypes and Generalisations – This video defines 'generalising' and 'stereotyping', and explains the key differences. The impacts of stereotyping are also highlighted.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review