PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an email (separate to your tax invoice) with a link to watch this video once your credit card or PayPal payment is received, or when we approve your purchase order. (Approvals are usually processed regularly during trading hours, but please allow up to two business days.)
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS.
ABOUT THE CCP:
The Cultural Competence Program (CCP) is a range of online multi-media training courses and resources designed to help organisations maximise the benefits of cultural competence, diversity and inclusion. The CCP was developed by SBS, Multicultural NSW, and International Education Services – leading organisations in addressing the needs of multicultural Australia. It was developed to:
- Help organisations manage an increasingly diverse workforce
- Better service diverse communities within Australia by providing relevant training and information to service-based organisations
- Create competitive advantage for organisations operating in increasingly diverse marketplaces both locally and globally
- Promote social cohesion through fostering a better understanding of diverse cultures
MODULE 3: CORE INCLUSION SKILLS:
Upon completion of the module Core Inclusion Skills, you will be able to:
- Understand some core practices essential to successful cross-cultural interactions
- Recognise some core behaviours essential to successful cross-cultural interaction
- Recognise that showing appropriate respect is at the heart of cultural competence
Note on video interviews:
All participants in the interviews tell real stories around their own experiences. Part of their story is which culture they identify with, and we asked each participant how they wanted to be represented. Some chose to be represented as just Australian, some chose to be a combination of Australian and some other cultures, and yet others chose their culture of origin. We respected their choices.
- Advice: Assumptions – Excerpts from interviews, where a variety of people give their views on making assumptions about others.
- Assumptions – Some key points to bear in in mind when communicating across cultures.
- Advice: Open-ended Questions – Advice from experienced managers on the use of open-ended questions when communicating.
- Open-ended Questions – Explains what open-ended questions are, and how to use them effectively.
- Advice: Stay Curious – Advice from experienced managers on the benefits of engaging fully when communicating with people from different cultures to your own.
- Stay Curious – This video explains how showing knowledge and curiosity about another person's culture will help to craft a respectful conversation.
- Advice: Show Respect – Excerpts from interviews, where people discuss the importance of showing respect when communicating.
- Show Respect – This video summarises several ways to show respect when communicating, and gives some tips on how to avoid appearing disrespectful.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review