PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an email (separate to your tax invoice) with a link to watch this video once your credit card or PayPal payment is received, or when we approve your purchase order. (Approvals are usually processed regularly during trading hours, but please allow up to two business days.)
ABOUT THE CCP:
The Cultural Competence Program (CCP) is a range of online multi-media training courses and resources designed to help organisations maximise the benefits of cultural competence, diversity and inclusion. The CCP was developed by SBS, Multicultural NSW, and International Education Services – leading organisations in addressing the needs of multicultural Australia. It was developed to:
- Help organisations manage an increasingly diverse workforce
- Better service diverse communities within Australia by providing relevant training and information to service-based organisations
- Create competitive advantage for organisations operating in increasingly diverse marketplaces both locally and globally
- Promote social cohesion through fostering a better understanding of diverse cultures
MODULE 2: CULTURAL DIFFERENCES AND SIMILARITIES:
Upon completion of the module Cultural Differences and Similarities, you will be able to:
- Understand that cultures have similarities and differences
- Recognise that culture impacts all aspects of behaviour
- Recognise that your own culture impacts your behaviour
- Understand differences in direct and indirect communication across cultures
- Understand differences in the perception of time across cultures
- Understand the importance of family across cultures
- Know practical tips to start a conversation using general cultural similarities (family)
Note on video interviews:
All participants in the interviews tell real stories around their own experiences. Part of their story is which culture they identify with, and we asked each participant how they wanted to be represented. Some chose to be represented as just Australian, some chose to be a combination of Australian and some other cultures, and yet others chose their culture of origin. We respected their choices.
- Stories: Famous – Excerpts from interviews, where a variety of people describe what they think their culture is famous for.
- Cultural Themes – An explanation of some of the themes that emerged when people from different cultures were interviewed.
- Stories: Time – Excerpts from interviews, where a variety of people from different cultures discuss time.
- Time – An insight into how the concept of time may be viewed differently by various cultures.
- Stories: Communication – Some interesting anecdotes regarding communication, from a range of interviewees.
- Direct or Indirect? – An explanation of the different ways that cultures may communicate, and the meaning of 'high context' and 'low context' cultures.
- Stories: Family – Excerpts from interviews, where a variety of people from different cultures discuss 'family'.
- Find Similarities – Advice on how to engage with people from cultures different to your own.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review